We are delivering workshops, support groups and parenting support programmes for parents of children with ADHD and we aim to:
- Educate parents/carers to a good understanding of the nature of their child’s ADHD condition
- Support families whilst they are awaiting a diagnosis from CAMHS
- Reduce parental depression, stress and dysfunctional parenting
- Equip parents with tools to manage very difficult and challenging behaviour displayed by their child
- Foster positive relationships between parents/carers and their child
- Parents/carers will be more confident and put routines in the home that work
- Children begin to make better choices and become better at self-management
Understanding ADHD Workshops
Are you waiting for a diagnosis of ADHD for your child? Do you already have a diagnosis, but want a better understanding in order to advocate for your child?
This workshop will empower you and give you the knowledge you need to understand your child and to advocate for his or her needs at school and in the community. This workshop is delivered by Andrea Bilbow OBE, ADDISS’ CEO with 25 years experience working with families with ADHD, who has raised her own children with ADHD.
The workshop provides a safe environment for parents to raise issues, ask questions, and learn about how they can provide their children with the best possible support.
The next workshop will be held on February 25th at Hyde House, NW9 6LH, and will run from 10:00 to 14:00. Tickets are available for £10.
For more information or to book your place, please click below:
Drop In Support Groups
10am until 12 noon
These support groups offer parents an opportunity to meet others and discuss their concerns and questions. Anyone can turn up to a drop-in session, they’re free and there’s no need to book.
We are now holding our parents coffee and support mornings at
10th Floor, Hyde House